Steps to follow for maximizing your health plan Choice in the Marketplace:
- Check the network of providers for Doctors and Hospitals. There have been significant changes.
- Check the formulary lists of covered prescription drugs to verify the co-pays and availability.
- When considering a deductible, you need to know whether it is per-person (“embedded” with a Family maximum) or an Aggregate of all covered persons on the plan.
- If you are covering children, does it have the mandated routine dental coverage required by the ACA, or do you have to buy that separately?
- What is the premium for the plan and if you are subsidy eligible how much will you have as a net payment?
- What is the rating of the Insurance Company for solvency and customer service?
- Get help from a Professional Agent. You do not have to do this alone. It doesn’t cost more to have help!