Who is OAHU
The Ohio Association of Health Underwriters (OAHU) is Ohio’s leading association focused exclusively on providing businesses and consumer's access to affordable health care benefits.
OAHU agents monitor the changes and trends in national and state benefits laws and procedures with a team of experts working every day.
- National experts covering Congress and the US Department of Health & Human Services
- OAHU’s government relations team working in Columbus on legislative/regulatory issues
Your OAHU agent:
Gives You Smart Choices
- Choosing from hundreds of available options, their expertise helps you find a plan that meets your unique needs.
- Each OAHU agent is up to date on the new laws affecting your business. And through their continuing education requirements and periodic testing, you can feel confident their advice is accurate and clear.
- OAHU agents have the training to offer specialized products that are the right fit for your company.
Services Your Claims – and Solves Your Problems
- We won’t sell you a product and then disappear. We work with you side-by-side when you file claims or face new challenges.
- Our expertise, experience and relationships with health insurers mean we can solve your problems quickly.
Helps You Manage Human Resources Issues
- OAHU agents can assist you and your human resources department with day-to-day consultation and long-term guidance on health care benefit issues.
- For small employers, an OAHU agent can essentially be your human resources department when it comes to advising employees on their health care benefits
OAHU Members Adhere to a Strict Code of Ethics
OAHU requires each of its members to always make health care coverage recommendations with the customer’s best interest in mind. Most professional insurance agents work very hard to provide their clients with the best possible service and price for their insurance products.